MIFI Corporate Standards of Conduct
Effective August 2012
1. Aim of Corporate Business Activities
Through its business activities, Mitsubishi International Food Ingredients (MIFI) will endeavor to increase its value. At the same time, the company will strive to enrich society in all ways, developing and offering its customers the best services and products, with the highest regard for safety.
2. Fairness and Integrity in Corporate Business Activities
MIFI will continue to develop its business activities in compliance with all relevant laws, international regulations and internal rules. The company will act responsibly and will respect the highest social standards.
3. Respect for Human Rights and Employees
MIFI will respect human rights and will not engage in any discrimination. The company will preserve and improve its corporate strengths through the development of its employees, all the while respecting the character and individuality of each employee.
4. Information Security and Disclosure
While MIFI will continue to develop, implement and improve the effectiveness of its information security management system, at the same time the company will disclose information accurately and in a timely fashion, so as to maintain transparency and be correctly understood by both its stakeholders and the general public.
5. Consideration for Environmental Issues
MIFI understands that an enterprise cannot continue to prosper without consideration for its environmental performance, and will strive to protect and improve the global environment and pursue sustainable development through all aspects of its business activities.
6. Contribution to Society
As a responsible member of society, MIFI will actively carry out philanthropic programs in an effort to promote the enrichment of society. Moreover, the company will support efforts of its employees to contribute to society.
At MIFI we consider the Earth itself to be our most important stakeholder and are continually working towards the realization of a sustainable society through our business activities.
- We will strive to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by continually implementing new efficiency measures and embracing new technologies.
- We will promote the sustainable use of natural resources including energy, minerals, food stocks and water throughout our global business operations.
- We recognize the critical importance of what ecosystems can provide and are committed to protecting ecosystems and mitigating any potential impacts on biodiversity.
- We will strive to create and enhance environmental benefits by undertaking conservation activities and reducing our environmental footprint.
- We will continue to actively engage and work with our various stakeholders openly and transparently and disclose information on the environmental impacts of our business operations in an appropriate and timely manner.
- We will conduct all of our activities in compliance with environmental laws while adhering to international rules and social standards.